Catalina Island Adventure
This is a fun way to start your education at UCSD and have a great experience in one of the most beautiful places in Southern California. After taking the ferry over to Santa Catalina Island we will spend our days kayaking, hiking, snorkeling and SCUBA diving.
SCUBA diving is available for:
- Non-certified divers through our Discover SCUBA Diving (DSD) program
- Certified divers will do a first dive (aka DLD, Discover Local Diving) with a Dive Pro from us and can then do even more diving or even try a Night Snorkel experience! (if you need a tuneup - start with that!)
- If you want to get certified as a PADI Open Water diver, you can start your program before this weekend. Then you can finish your training program with us while you are here! You need to contact us ahead of time to guarantee the arrangements and pre-verification of your referral program. This is a lifetime certification through PADI. BUT then you will be a diver forever!
NOTE: you must be already signed up for the Catalina Adventure with UCSD Recreation.
Certified diver options include: (after first required DLD above)
- Night (training) dives
- Specialty diving - night, deep, navigation, kelp diver, abalone diver, peak performance buoyancy, naturalist, fish id, u/w imaging, wreck, shark aware, dive against debris, search & recovery and more!
- Advanced Open Water (3 to 5 dives)
NOTE: cancellation is within one week - no refund - because we incur expenses to staff our programs at camp.