ABOUT CATALINA ISLAND DEPARTURE & ARRIVAL INFORMATION
Ferry Boats, Ports & Terminals—transportation to your next adventure
When you are going to Catalina Island, there are a couple of ways to get there. You must know which port and which ferry boat you are on. If you are in one of our programs, we have reserved your spot already. If you are booking a trip - consider the options relative to your travel time to and from the port, traffic that time of day and of course, price. Need help? We're here to help - email or call us (310) 456-2396.
Special Reminders -
- Verify your port, date and time of travel.
- Pack the night before, so you aren't rush. Pack so you can carry all of your gear and belongings by yourself. Most ferries do not allow multiple trips to load on to the boat.
- Print directions to the port and make sure you are familiar with the route to take.
- Bring your confirmation number or tickets if you are traveling alone.
- Bring money/credit card to pay for port parking.
- Don't leave any valuables in your car.
- Write down where you are parked in the lot.
- Arrive about 1 hour before departure to check-in.
- If you miss your departure - contact your Malibu Diver Pro as soon as possible or if traveling on your own - you may have a change fee and be delayed for the next ferry. Don't miss your departure! Summer, holiday and event weekends can be sold out in advance.
- Optionally - at departure, don't pick up return tickets if you want to avoid a change fee and are unsure about your return time. Check on availability before you do this though. Keep in mind that the ticket office may be busy when you go to pick up your tickets, and allow extra time to wait in line.
CATALINA EXPRESS - LONG BEACH
(Also called Long Beach Downtown Landing)
PARKING: Catalina Express Long Beach Port; 320 Golden Shore Long Beach, CA 90802
DIRECTIONS: Take the 710 Freeway south to Long Beach. Take the exit on the left toward Downtown Long Beach/Convention Center/Aquarium. Watch carefully and MERGE onto W Shoreline Dr. Take the exit toward Golden Shore/Catalina Landing/RV Campground. Turn right onto Golden Shore and follow it as it curves around to the left. Building/Destination will be on the right. Unload at curb and enter parking garage to left. Please pay attention to parking signs for overnight parking.
PARKING: Catalina Express San Pedro Port
DIRECTIONS: Take the 110 Freeway south to San Pedro. Take the Terminal Island, Exit 47 ramp. Stay in the right lane, exit Harbor Blvd. Follow exit to first light and follow signs straight ahead to Catalina Terminal. Pull up to building to unload and then park in lot.
DEPARTURE: from Long Beach port
PARKING: Long Beach Port Parking Information: the Ferry is the Harbor Breeze; Park at 100 Aquarium Way, Dock #2 (1, 2 or 3 usually), Long Beach, CA 90802. They are the first dock to the left of the Aquarium of the Pacific. Harbor Breeze may validate for $10 parking/day, but the parking garage reserves the right to change this without notice.