connection · freediving · ocean · wetsuit ·
Are You a Freediver at Heart? 6 Signs That You Belong in the Ocean
From Bathtub Breath-Holding to Wetsuit Hugs: How to Tell If You're Meant to Freedive into the Deep.
Freediving is not just a sport, it's a lifestyle. And if you find yourself nodding along to any of the following signs, then you might just be a freediver at heart:
- As a kid, you could never resist the urge to see how long you could hold your breath underwater. Whether it was in a pool or a bathtub, you would always find yourself testing your lung capacity and trying to push yourself further.
- You have a natural aversion to carrying heavy scuba gear around. The idea of lugging around all that bulky equipment just doesn't appeal to you. You would much rather keep things simple and rely solely on your own body and ability to dive deep.
- You have a deep appreciation for healthy eating habits. You understand that your body is your temple and that you need to treat it with respect in order to perform at your best when you're in the water. Whether it's avoiding processed foods or sticking to a specific diet, you take your nutrition seriously.
- You love being active and spending time outdoors. You're not content with just sitting inside all day, you need to get out and move your body. Whether it's hiking, paddleboarding, or swimming, you're always looking for new ways to stay active and explore the world around you.
- You're someone who values the importance of both personal and interpersonal connection. When you're freediving, you're not just connecting with the ocean, you're also connecting with yourself on a deep, powerful spiritual level. But at the same time, you also appreciate the bonds you can form with fellow divers and the sense of community that comes with not only being part of but the support a larger group of other freedivers who understand, encourage and rejoice with you, and ultimately provide backup safety for your well-being.
- And finally, there's nothing quite like the feeling of slipping into your wetsuit and feeling it hug your body like a second skin. It's a feeling and a ritual that's hard to describe, but anyone who's ever put on a freediving wetsuit knows exactly what we're talking about.
So if any of these signs sound familiar to you, then it might be time to explore the world of freediving. Whether you're looking to push yourself to new depths or simply want to experience the ocean in a new and exciting way, freediving is an amazing way to connect with nature and your own body.
So what are you waiting for? Dive in!
Leave a comment