BE SELECTIVE, FISH FOR THE FUTURE. Selective Divers set their sights on those few prize fish for consumption. All divers should protect the waters they swim and hunt in, ensuring future divers the experience & excitement of freediving that I've had over the past seventy years.
JAY RIFFE, FOUNDER / PRESIDENT / SPEARO
RIFFE's Mahogany Competition Series ---->OUR MOST POPULAR GUNS
* designed for competition and entry-level divers, suitable for hunting around reefs, holes, and on the bottom.
Using Mahogany hardwood offers a further competitively priced entry level speargun with the same quality and performance that Riffe exemplifies. Dense straight grain hardwood allows for a solid stock with no lamination required, maintaining straightness. Suitable for both entry level spearfishing and advanced divers who plan to hunt around kelp patties, reef, holes, and along the seafloor.
Available in #00, #0, #1, #2, #2X, #3, #3X
Mahogany #3 and #3X wood speargun models have blue water hunting capabilities with proper upgrades.
- Comes standard with Hawaiian setup: 9/32" Hawaiian Flopper Shaft, 1 wrap of line, and 2 power bands
- 9/16" (14mm) power bands (may upgrade to 5/8"(16mm) diameter) bands for more hitting power and longer shots - recommended with heavier shafts.
- Rigged with 300 lb. Nylon monofilament shooting line for faster shooting and abrasion resistance (400lb. available for heavier shafts).
- 5" Bungie Shock Chord with 500 lb. test Pigtail Swivel (400lb. Snap Swivel optional)
- Heavy-duty plastic handle
- RIFFE's stainless steel 2-piece trigger mechanism assembly, accepts all diameter shafts: 1/4"(6.5mm), 9/32"(7.1mm), 5/16"(8mm), 11/32"(8.7mm), 3/8"(9.5mm)
- Side mounted, rotating spring loaded safety
- Auto Line Release
- Contoured red urethane butt end assembly for comfortable loading
- Accepts all suitable RIFFE accessories & parts