The PADI Specialty Instructor Program is designed to allow you to feel confident and comfortable conducting PADI Specialty Programs.
Specialty courses offer you as an instructor the ability to cater to the needs and desires of your clients. Plus, you reduce your liability and further your enjoyment of diving by being able to focus on the aspects of diving you are passionate about. The course allows you to begin teaching specialties without having to teach twenty five students. These certifications can then count toward your certification requirements for Master Scuba Diver Trainer. Most importantly, you will develop the experience and confidence to be able to conduct a wide range of specialties.The Specialty Instructor course(s) include:
- Familiarization with the Specialty standards, curriculum and procedures.
- Development of instructor level specialty skills.
- Practice conducting student specialty skills.
- Working with specialty students.
- Marketing of specialty courses.
- Specialty course knowledge development.
- Conducting specialty dives.
- Business of specialty instruction.
- Personalized Instructor training (MSDT includes up to 8 dives, reg $1600)
PADI Specialty Instructor application fees ($79+per)
* Does not includes any transportation or Catalina Weekend (Express, Hotel, Boat) or Camp Weekend, personal expenses, rental gear, etc.
+ Add MSDT, Master SCUBA Diver Trainer, save $249; includes 6 PADI Specialties**, your tuition for training dives, 6 PADI Specialty Instructor application fees ($474) and PADI MSDT application fee ($104)
MSDT Package of Specialties include any 6 of the following standard PADI Specialties:
- Deep (2 dives)
- Digital Underwater Imaging
- Full Face Mask - rental masks available, one pool/confined water session included
- Drysuit - includes one pool session, rental drysuits available, sizes limited
- Shark Aware
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
- Boat (boat fee not included)
- Drift (condition and location dependent)
- EANx, - no dives included & you must already have the diver level EANx Specialty certification
- Fish ID
- Search & Recovery (2 dives)
- Dive Against Debris
(Other Instructor Specialties: Wreck Diver, Emergency Oxygen Provider, all DAN Pro levels, Public Safety Diver and Distinctive Specialties are available at an additional fee with MSDT package.)
Distinctive Specialties are: Abalone Diver, Kelp Diver and Pirate Diver (Pirate only available at Camp Emerald Bay dates) and each purchase includes one perpetual license to that Instructor for the slideware (PowerPoint/google slides/adobe pdf), and instructor outline.
*Specialty Instructor Candidates are expected to own their own SCUBA Gear; otherwise, gear rental is 50% off (Wetsuit, Regulator, BCD, tank, weights, instruments, hood & dive computer, compass & other items as needed camera, dry suit, etc.) Sizes maybe limited and rental gear is not included; travel, personal and facility expenses not included when outside the published schedule.
Pre-requisite: PADI (OWSI) Instructor, PADI medical release and other dive releases as applicable.
Note: our dates coincide with our IDC dates to conduct realistic multi-level training with students and candidates.
- Jan 8-30 and March 5-27, comprised of (4) two-day weekend's only schedule
- Aug 5 to Aug 11 is conducted for a few days at both Camp & Malibu only and does not include room & board and ferry transportation while at Camp.
- Other schedules are on demand and conducted in Malibu, CA.
Want to join the best dive team? Training that counts, opens doors!