The Level 1 course is aimed to provide basic knowledge of the different freediving categories, the important rules of behavior and the safest way to perform freediving while allowing the fastest improvement. It is an introduction to the fundamental techniques of the freediver education system. This highly effective 1.5 day course covers everything from safety & problem management, breathing techniques & equipment selection to correct freediving methods for gradual depth progression. It is formal freediving education system provides divers with a solid foundation to freedive confidently and safely up to depths of 66 feet/20 meters with breath-holds up to 3 minutes. For divers already achieving these depths, it will provide an enhanced understanding of the sport and modern new techniques. This program includes academic presentations, confined water training and one open water session.
- Mask, fins and snorkel - Preferably low volume mask and long blade fins.
- Wetsuit with gloves and boots - 5mm-7mm wetsuit is required for pool and ocean sessions. Ideally a good freediving suit with attached hood is perfect.
- Socks and gloves of at least 3mm in thickness.
- Weights and weight belt - Having an assortment of smaller weights to adjust for proper buoyancy is a must.
- Depth and/or timing device - A waterproof watch at the very least, better yet a freediving computer is perfect.