September 17, 2023
Remember you can pickup debris on every dive!
Join our Coastal Cleanup underwater diving fun!
FREE Event - but please reserve rental gear in advance!
- All of your Freediving or SCUBA gear, tanks, weights, etc. We do not deliver gear or tanks to the site. Reserve in advance and pickup at the store.
Mesh bag & clip/carabiner (debris)
- Knife (in case of entanglement with fishing line)
- Certification card (proof)
- Malibu Divers Special Event release - print & sign (bring with you)
- CA Coastal Commission Release 2023 -(coming) print & sign (bring with you)
- 2023 CCD Parking Pass (2) -(coming) display on your car dashboard! North/West lot at Surfrider ONLY Limited spaces.
MINORS - NEED PARENTAL/GUARDIAN RELEASE SIGNED AND DIVE WITH AN ADULT DIVER.
OPTIONS for Sept 16
1) None - you have everything you need including gear and cylinder.
2) SCUBA gear only - you only need BCD, regulator, wetsuit, weights and cylinder.
3) Full GEAR - you need mask, snorkel, fins, boots, BCD, regulator, wetsuit, weights, and cylinder.
4) (DAD) Dive Against Debris - you receive a DAD briefing and do one dive and earn your PADI DAD specialty! It counts toward Master SCUBA Diver and 1 Advanced Open Water dive.
If you want to join the Sept 16 dive day, PLEASE understand we are limiting the number of dive participants and will be SOLD OUT!
PLAN of EVENTS: Sept 16
8:15 am - please pickup rental gear, no later than.
8:45 am - arrive & suit up at dive site at Malibu Pier/Surfrider beach - west side of Pier parking lot.
9:00 am - briefing and enter the water
11:00 am - exit the water, and debrief
11:30 am - Winners announced.