Empowering YOU to Save our Oceans & Reefs
Join the Reef Check Team at Malibu Divers
and become a citizen scientist diver!
Give back to the ocean by diving and collecting information on the life in the California's Marine Protected Areas - our Yosemite's of the Sea.
Your Training Fee includes:
Yearly Membership to Reef Check Foundation $25
Reef Check California Instruction Manual $30
Reef Check California Indicator Organism Flashcards $30
Pool practice session $35
Two 3-dive days of field training aboard dive charters $220
Your own custom underwater dive slate, transect tape, and measuring calipers $50
Two full weekend course taught by a marine biologist $200
Knowledge that you are directly helping to preserve CA marine resources +PRICELESS=$590
Instead of $590 you pay $399!
• Lifetime certification with annual renewal
• Exclusive Reef Check Buddy Breathing discounts
• Exclusive access to Survey Trips open to current Reef Check California certified surveyors only
Los Angeles CA
Reef Check Class Schedule
Offered ONLY ONCE PER YEAR!
A. ONLINE May 2 ,5, 9, 12: 6:30p - 8:00p
POOL Session May 14th, Location TBD.
OCEAN Bottom Scratcher (6 dives) San Pedro, May 21-22
B. ONLINE June 6, 9, 13, 16: 6:30p - 8:00p
POOL Session June 18th, Location TBD.
OCEAN Bottom Scratcher (6 dives) San Pedro, June 25-26
• Proof of Rescue dive certification
• Minimum of 30 logged lifetime dives
• Minimum of 15 logged dives in California or other temperate region with water temp below 68° F
• Minimum of 6 dives within the last year
• Minimum age of 16 on the first day of class
• Completion of liability release
• Completed reading of Reef Check California training manual