Empowering YOU to Save our Oceans & Reefs
Join the Reef Check Team at Malibu Divers
and become a citizen scientist diver!
Give back to the ocean by diving and collecting information on the life in the California's Marine Protected Areas - our Yosemite's of the Sea.
Your Training Fee includes:
Yearly Membership to Reef Check Foundation $25
Reef Check California Instruction Manual $30
Reef Check California Indicator Organism Flashcards $30
Pool practice session $35
Two 3-dive days of field training aboard dive charters $220
Your own custom underwater dive slate, transect tape, and measuring calipers $50
Two full weekend course taught by a marine biologist $200
Knowledge that you are directly helping to preserve CA marine resources +PRICELESS=$590
Instead of $590 you pay $449!
• Lifetime certification with annual renewal
• Exclusive Reef Check Buddy Breathing discounts
• Exclusive access to Survey Trips open to current Reef Check California certified surveyors only
Los Angeles CA
Reef Check Class Schedule
Offered ONLY ONCE PER YEAR in Los Angeles!
A. ONLINE May 1, 4, 8, 11: 6:30p - 8:00p
POOL Session May TBD, Location TBD.
OCEAN Bottom Scratcher (6 dives) San Pedro, May 13-14
B. ONLINE June 12, 15, 19, 22: 6:30p - 8:00p
POOL Session June TBD, Location TBD.
OCEAN Bottom Scratcher (6 dives) San Pedro, June 24-25
• Proof of Rescue dive certification
• Minimum of 30 logged lifetime dives
• Minimum of 15 logged dives in California or other temperate region with water temp below 68° F
• Minimum of 6 dives within the last year
• Minimum age of 16 on the first day of class
• Completion of liability release
• Completed reading of Reef Check California training manual