Join this special dive trip aboard the Spectre Dive Boat to pay tribute to our lost loved ones on the anniversary date of the accident, Wednesday, September 2, 2020. We will travel to the M/V Conception site for our first dive, and then have 2 additional dives at Santa Cruz Island. Our day at Santa Cruz Island will end with a boat tour inside the famous "Painted Cave".
The Spectre is a friendly, fast and reliable 85' Dive Boat in Ventura Harbor.
- Boat Reminders: Pack light in a mesh bag or even pre-assemble your gear and leave the big roller bag in the car or at home. Don't forget to bring your certification card, all your gear, tank and weights; no gear is provided on board. Also they have 2 releases: their Covid release online and Dive waiver for you to fill out in advance and bring with you on board to save time.
- Boat Location Address: Ventura Harbor 1591 Spinnaker Drive, Ventura CA 93001. (This is the building closest to the Spectre and is not the business address.)
Please - reserve rental gear in advance! You need to pick up your gear at least one day before the trip or arrange for it to be delivered. We are trying to accommodate everyone who needs gear or tanks, so it's important to reach out to us and let us know.
A few reminders & suggestions -
1) Must be a certified diver and provide proof of certification. The diving will be appropriate for Open Water divers. At this time, we are not taking reservations for snorkelers or non divers.
2) Reservations and bookings are intended for the immediate families and friends (or their designate). We are not opening this trip up to the general public.
3) Divers should be ready, confident and comfortable diving. If you need a guided dive, assistance or a tuneup, please let us know during signup in the notes or in advance by emailing to: firstname.lastname@example.org or the store at 310-456-2396.
OPTIONS: (please provide requested information in the notes field at checkout)
ALL OPTIONS include - Boat trip, meals, snacks, refreshments and air fills. Gratuities are welcome, customary and appreciated by the crew.
1) None - you have everything you need including gear and cylinder.
2) Tanks & Weights - let us know your preference for steel or aluminum cylinder, and how much soft weights you think you need (or tell us your weight)
3) SCUBA gear only - you only need BCD, regulator, wetsuit, weights and cylinder. Let us know your sizes (or weight & height).
4) Full GEAR -head to toe, you need mask, snorkel, fins, boots, BCD, regulator, wetsuit, hood, weights, and cylinder. Let us know your sizes (or weight & height & shoe size & head size; gloves are very limited supply.)
September 2, 2020 PLAN of EVENTS: estimates provided
5:30 am - please pickup rental gear, no later than.
5:15- 5:30 am - arrive & check-in at Ventura Harbor, Spectre Dive Boat.
6:00 am - Spectre Dive Boat leaves the dock!
8:30 am - Arrival to Santa Cruz Island
9:00 am - Dive 1 - Memorial Dive Site, briefing and enter the water
10:30 am - Dive 2
Noon - Dive 3
~1:45-2:30 pm - Visit by boat to Painted Cave~5:00-5:30 pm - Arrival back to Ventura Harbor